It can be really hard to know what to do and who to work with. Maybe you have a unique question, or maybe you're wondering one of these common questions...
- Does my child need therapy?
- What psychiatrists would you recommend?
- Can you help me find a psychologist with a particular specialty?
- What type of psychological testing would be helpful for my situation?
- What's the difference between working with a psychologist versus a master's-level therapist?
Either way, let's talk about it and figure it out together. We can set up a time to connect by phone or in person.
Video/phone-based coaching is workable for many situations, such as...
- Mild anxiety
- Setting and working toward goals
Video/phone coaching can certainly be more convenient. It is important to know that there are factors that need to be considered, however. For instance, in-person therapy would be necessary when the client is experiencing moderate to severe symptoms or when a diagnosis needs to be determined. Also, communicating over the phone/internet is not secure. So, we would talk about the risks and benefits of working together over video/phone versus in person before getting started.
The best way to explore this option would be to start with a brief conversation over the phone.